Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Rainy Day Manicure

Hello Girlies,


Although summer has been with us for a while now, it seems the last few weeks have been more like Fall. Given the weather, I took the opportunity to make a rainy day manicure. I found this L'oreal nail polish on sale in DM for 5 Kuna! When I saw it, I knew exactly what I would do with the color. So here it is, my version of a rainy day (or fall) manicure.






I used the Essie Ridge filling base coat first. I painted on only one coat of this.




Next came 2 coats of the L'oreal color #608-Luxembourg Garden. Its a greenish-grey iridescent color that is perfect for darker manicures. I personally love dark colors and this one is just the right shade of dark so that its not too dark for summer.


Then I added one coat of the Essence Nail Art Special Effect Topper in Cool Breeze. This is my absolute favorite glitter top coat. The glitter pieces are a mother of pearl color and give off shades of purple, pink and blue in the light.




Finally, I added one coat of Candy Coating scented top coat in Lemon Drop. This is one of my favorite top coats because it literally dries in seconds and it smells like lemon candy! You're entire hand smells yummy after you finish painting your nails. 





I love this manicure because its simple to do and it looks awesome if you want to wear a dark color in the summer.

What do you think of this color combination?

Happy manicuring,
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment