Acne. The dreaded word that no girl even wants to hear. As much as we try to prevent it, from time to time we can't help getting some spots here or there. What most of us don't know, however, is that many of these spots are due to specific things we do, eat or go through. So what is your acne trying to tell you?
- Forehead. Breakouts across the forehead are often triggered by stress or sleep deprivation. Make sure you get at least 8 hours of sleep a night to prevent these.
- Above the brow. The area above your eyebrows is affected by your immune system. Breakouts here tend to happen right around the time you get or have a flu or a cold. If you notice a breakout in this zone, drink plenty of water and eat lots if fruits to boost you immune system overnight!
- Between brows. Breakouts between your eyebrows can be caused by lots of unhealthy foods or a food allergy. Cut back on sugar, dairy and alcohol to help clear up the skin in this zone.
- Cheeks. Your cheeks are linked to your respiratory system. Smoking or breathing polluted air can cause breakouts here.
- Side of chin. The sides of your chin are affected by hormones. Breakouts here occur during your period and happen on one side or another depending on which ovary is ovulating that month. If you have constant acne in these spots, it would be best to check with your gynecologist as you may have PCOS.
Lots a Love,